The earlybirds have been swooping in to register for our Fall User Conference — from Hawaii to the Carolinas. And they’re scooping up the deals on DoubleTree suites too. We've arranged for discounted room rates for attendees, so act now to avoid disappointment — space is limited. Don’t forget that you can still get your conference discount if you register by June 30. Plus, all conference attendees get a free data audit worth $350! I’m so looking forward to seeing all of you in Raleigh/Durham in September for what promises to be the best Windmill Software User Conference to date. It’s a perfect opportunity to learn from each other and contribute to the development of Maintenance Management in Senior Living Communities across North America.
When interviewed about his experience at our PM Worx 2007 User Conference, Barry Putnam from Wesley Commons in SC said, “Windmill Software is bringing facility management to the forefront.” Even though it was Barry’s 3rd year in a row attending the PM Worx conference, he was eager to point out, “I pick up something new every time and return to work with renewed energy and focus.” Take a look too at our featured Case Study, “PM Worx Conference Turns Knowledge to Action.” This describes the experience of another multi-year participant, William Anna, from The Cedars of Chapel Hill in NC — outlining what he learned and how he applied his knowledge when he returned to the Cedars.
We are naturally grateful and invigorated that our User Conference attendees have been able to take so much away from their time spent with us. To read more about what last year’s participants had to say, simply follow this link.
We’re similarly attentive to constructive feedback, both about PM Worx and the Conference itself. For example, we learned that, as the number of attendees grows, we’re attracting people with a broad range of overall management and PM Worx experience. As a result, we've made some changes:
• Our Two-Day Conference is for intermediate-and-above users who are seeking continuous learning, networking, and professional development
• There’s now a greater choice of topics, and sessions are full of new offerings and learning opportunities. Many of you will want to come for all three days
• You’ll find more opportunities to network with industry peers at breakfast, lunch, breaks, and dinner
There’s a free shuttle between the airport and the conference at the DoubleTree in Raleigh, so there’s no rental car needed, and you can go right from networking and socializing to bed! And by the way, as a frequent traveler myself, I love Raleigh airport because it’s got a great choice of flights, without the hassle of O’Hare, JFK, or Newark — all at reasonable prices.
Our 2008 User Conference also features two unbeatable events:
• A trip to Croasdaile Village CCRC. Feed your curiosity with a trip to nearby, newly-expanded, Croasdaile Village and learn how James Sanes and the good folks at this beautiful CCRC manage their maintenance. James will host our group for an informative tour — transportation included.
• zumBrunnen Guest Speaker. Our special guest is Doug McMillan P.E., Senior Project Manager at zumBrunnen, a frequent choice among senior living providers for their construction monitoring and facility condition assessments. In addition, zumBrunnen is a platinum AAHSA sponsor and Windmill partner. Doug has over 25 years of construction and management experience and has managed commercial projects worth over $200 million in both the private and public sectors. He is also a former Resident Engineer for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Doug’s presentation, Strategic Capital Planning: Real Answers for Real Questions, focuses on why and how to execute a comprehensive facility assessment along with a strategic financial and capital replacement program. Doug will explain how to utilize the Campus Wide FacilityForecast® System to identify and analyze the components of the community for repair, renovation, replacement, or repositioning.
Free Software Upgrades
As if that wasn’t enough, there’s even more good news in this edition of Worx Wire. Don’t forget to stop by Kyle’s Corner to learn all about the fabulous upgrades we’re introducing for PM Worx v6, Mobile Worx v2 and Web Work Requests v3. They’re crammed full of new features and functions and I can’t wait for you to put them into action. These optimizations are a real tribute to the close partnerships we have with you, and the amazing job our tech team does in listening to your feedback and turning it into software improvements. And, unlike other software suppliers, all these upgrades are free (even installation), so long as you’re a PASS holder. The deal couldn’t be sweeter! We’re looking forward to speaking with each of you over the summer to help you upgrade in time for the Fall User Conference.
If your head’s not spinning by now, we’d like to introduce the new brainiac in our family, WorxIQ. Smart and savvy, this new software package uses a powerful combination of analysis and detailed reports as well as onscreen dashboards to provide you with the business intelligence that will help you monitor productivity and performance, analyze costs, track trends, and spot money-saving opportunities. Watch out for more information on this energetic newcomer over the next few months.
Looking forward to talking with you over the summer and seeing you in September!